Austin Lakes Hospital’s intensive outpatient program offers comprehensive treatment for adults and older adults who do not require 24-hour care. Participants attend group therapy during the day or evening and return home each day. Located in Austin, TX, our outpatient programs are easily accessible to individuals living throughout Central Texas.
Intensive outpatient therapy provides a supportive environment while teaching life enrichment skills. Participants are encouraged to practice skills learned in group as they continue everyday activities in their home and/or work environment. The Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) empowers clients as a supportive transitional treatment following inpatient hospitalization, but it is also accessible directly from the community.
Who Can Benefit from Intensive Outpatient Care?
The Intensive Outpatient Program is designed to empower those who wish to strengthen positive coping skills that will assist them in overcoming the challenges of a mental health diagnosis, such as depression, anxiety or bipolar disorder. Participants in intensive outpatient care attend life enrichment sessions on topics such as:
- Enhancing decision-making skills
- Increasing self awareness and socialization
- Learning how diet and exercise contribute to our energy levels
- Exploring coping skills and learning healthy interpersonal boundaries
- Learning productive ways to manage triggers and symptoms of your diagnosis
Intensive Outpatient Programs:
- Intensive Outpatient Program, IOP (Monday, Wednesday & Friday)
- Trauma Focused Intensive IOP (Monday, Wednesday & Friday; one individual session per week TBD)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy IOP (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday)
- Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy IOP (Tuesday, Thursday & Friday)
- Dual Diagnosis IOP (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday)
Clients attend regularly scheduled groups based in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. These groups focus on topics such as:
- Grief work
- Coping skills
- Anxiety and depression education
- Spiritual care
- Stress management and problem-solving
- Relaxation skills
- Recreational therapy and music therapy
As clients leave the program, our team assists each client to acquire and utilize community resources. These resources may include sessions with family, connecting a client with an individual therapist or arranging community-based mental health services.
Medicare and other private insurers may provide reimbursement for our services. Austin Lakes Hospital is contracted for services with most major insurance companies. To speak with a financial counselor, please contact our admissions line at 512-544-LAKE (5253).